Wednesday, April 13, 2011

All Things Work Together


A few weeks after buying my new car I was in a parking lot...the grating was loose over a drain so when I drove over it the grate popped up and grabbed my rear bumper…ripped it half off! I was pissed, jumped out the car and tried to pop it back on. There was a small lip where the clip was broken. It could have been worse.
Fast forward a few months to last week…

After the Insidious incident I restarted my week long fast from negative media. I listened to gospel to and from work, and at home. No TV, no movies, no internet news, unless it was pleasing to God.

Coincidently, I obviously picked the best week to fast. The word at Wednesday Bible study was great, there was a awesome concert at church Friday, and the Kirk Franklin and Steve Harvey concert was  great on Saturday. I can’t say negative thoughts never entered my mind, but without outside negative influence is was easier to focus on the good. I spent the free time writing, reading, doing yard work and trying to strengthen my relationship with God.

I drove the group to the Kirk & Steve concert in Nashville. When they said the journey is as important as the destination, they mean it.  Attending that concert was placed on the hearts of the individuals in that car for a reason and it manifested in the spirit filled conversations that were had. We talked and related on the struggles we experience as young Christian adults. During one of the conversations we looked up and a bill board that said:

Life is short, Eternity isn’t.

We all just stared at it and said, “WOW.” In the midst of the conversation we were having that was a very powerful statement.

The concert was great, but fast forward to the drive home. The concert let out at after midnight, so by the time we fought the crowd and made it back to the car is was almost 1 and we had a 2 hr drive ahead of us. So by the time we make it back to Chattanooga I’m tired and everyone’s pretty quiet, if awake at all.

I look down at my dashboard and the computer is telling me the average speed for the trip was 66.6 mph. NOT ON MY WATCH! Once again I immediately start silently praying for safe travels, for no negatives spirits to enter the car, and for no harm would come to the people under my care. We make it home.

Next morning I drag out of the bed, turn on the radio, get dressed and hop in the car for church. Windows down, sunroof open, sunglasses on, radio blasting and I’m backing out of the driveway. CRACK!

F! (Yep, I said it...sometimes nothing else will do. Sorry God.)

Guess he still showed up.

Look in the rearview and see the rock along my drive way I’ve back into. And get this...ripped my bumper half off AGAIN! I pull up, get out, pop it back on...but it fits tighter this time. I’m able to fix the lip that was hanging out before. (Not with grey tape either)

Romans 8:28 says, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.”

I’m a firm believer that things happen the way they do for a reason and whatever the devil meant for evil, God will use for good. From the 4 people went on the trip to the bump that could have ruined my day, it all fits into God’s plan and we have to trust in it.

Manifestation #828 that I’ve grown in Christ: Admitting I’m not in control

No comments:

Post a Comment