Sunday, June 24, 2007

More than a Gemini (THE vs. SoulGlo)

So (isn’t it funny how all the background stories start off this way?) I was having lunch with a group of my co-works and I must have been saying some pretty off the wall stuff because the girl across the table from me stared me down and politely asked “what is your sign?” I said Gemini and she replied “oh, that explains it…you just be saying whatever you want and don’t care.” A lengthy discussion about astrology and the zodiac signs and their meanings soon followed. I commented that I really didn’t pay that stuff any attention because thought I fit some of the traits of a Gemini, many of the characteristic I don’t feel apply.

Yet, without a doubt I do encompass the twins…and I didn’t realize until we were having this conversation that I had in fact named them: THE and Soulglo. After I came to this realization I remember discussion with a friend about the switching over my MySpace from Soulglo to THE. I told her that the ideal first profile was more than humble and laid back while the new one was more arrogant and “out there.” She even commented on the fact that I was admitting that THE was an arrogant persona. Even the main pictures and chosen songs conformed to those themes.

Soulglo is very humble, reserved, soft spoken and tactful. Retrospectful. A good listener and willing to offer advice. Actually listens more than her talks. Very warm and compassionate. Respectful. Tends to be more of an observer, borders on being shy and tends to be subconscious of himself. Deep thinker. The intellectual.. Thinks more and acts less. THE is very confident and self assured. Outspoken and loud. Can take the center of attention and not car who’s watching and what they have to say. Impatient. Easily annoyed with people and will let it be known. Spontaneous. Sarcastic. Witty. Off the wall comments often taken as being mean. Damn near arrogant.

So I further researched the traits of the Gemini and found the following:

In Gemini, it is the intellect that man needs to develop in order to understand the universe. This stage is concerned primarily with information-gathering and Geminis never seem to stop collecting it. They need to express ideas and share information with others, but what they do with their information is another matter. The mature Gemini becomes a serious scholar and careful researcher. The immature Gemini turns into a gossip and the proverbial "jack-of all-trades and master of none".

Geminis readily adapt to change. They not only have a unique ability to understand what others are thinking, they also possess great cleverness for imitation. In this way they can maneuver themselves into many favorable positions. They tend to say what others want to hear instead of saying what they really think, or what they know to be the truth.

Geminis react intellectually to everything they experience in life. That is, before they take physical action, before they assess the practical worth of something, and before they sort out their true emotions, they try to analyze things objectively as a kind of mental exercise. Though it is generally not a true assessment, the intellectual orientation of Geminis can make it appear to others as though they are unfeeling or emotionally superficial.

Those born with Sun in Gemini are talkative, quick witted, and have innate curiosity about everything. Easily jumping from one subject to another, they forget that others are not so nimble. They often have to be reminded to slow down and let others catch up with what they're talking about. Though they can be secretive about their personal affairs, they love to learn about everyone else. Always wanting to know everything gives them quite a store of information which in turn, makes them more interesting to others. Add to that their cheerful, friendly dispositions, and it isn't surprising that they get along so well in the world.


I still didn’t think this description fit me 100% so I did more looking and found that supposedly your personality is further controlled by your moon sign and ascendants. The moon sign controls emotional traits while the ascendant characterizes physical attributes. Being that I was born June 17, 1983 around 9am in Chattanooga, TN I learned that my moon sign is the Virgo: Studious, Adaptable, Quiet, Fault-finding, Health conscious, Curious, Salesman.

Except in the pursuit of pleasure (to which many of them can be quite dedicated) those born with the moon in an Earth sign are not emotionally spontaneous. They donÕt nonchalantly accept the responsibility of long-term relationships, or analyze emotional commitments merely as a mental exercise. They may hesitate to move at all unless they feel they are on solid ground, or there is some personal advantage to be gained by their emotional involvement.


While my ascendant is the leo: Craves abundance, Spendthrift, Congenial, Fun-loving, Attracts many friends.

Leo indicates energy and enthusiasm. Once motivated, they seldom hesitate to act. In spite of their energy and enthusiasm however, they can also be inclined to physical laziness. Their natural enthusiasm is responsible for overabundance and a tendency to overestimate everything. When buying various personal items, for example, they often acquire far more than they need. Though often rash and hasty, their passions are sincere.



While talking about this at the table they made it sound like being a Gemini was just the worst, but the double nature of my sign allows me to adapt and change to the situation; allowing which ever personality best fits the task to take over. Honesty, all this put together does give a descent description of me. Or at least the person I think I am. So they’ve made me a believer….well, more of one than I was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment