Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Once Was Lost and Now It’s Found

Pastor gave us this scripture at Bible study a few weeks back…
 
Hebrews 5:11-14 (King James Version)
 11Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.
 12For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
 13For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
 14But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Uh? Let’s try that again…

Hebrews 5:11-14 (Amplified Bible)
11Concerning this we have much to say which is hard to explain, since you have become dull in your [spiritual] hearing and sluggish [even [a]slothful in achieving spiritual insight].
 12For even though by this time you ought to be teaching others, you actually need someone to teach you over again the very first principles of God's Word. You have come to need milk, not solid food.
13For everyone who continues to feed on milk is obviously inexperienced and unskilled in the doctrine of righteousness (of conformity to the divine will in purpose, thought, and action), for he is a mere infant [not able to talk yet]!
14But solid food is for full-grown men, for those whose senses and mental faculties are trained by practice to discriminate and distinguish between what is morally good and noble and what is evil and contrary either to divine or human law.

Oooooo…stings a lil bit more when you can understand when you getting talked about (nail shop), don’t it? That little insert at the end of line, “not able to talk yet,” is what hurt the most for me. I haven’t written since Apr ’08 but recently I’ve wanted to write again. I debated it. Concerned with how it would be received, how people would react, if I would then be held to a different standard, whether people would look at me different for writing Christian based blogs…for fear of persecution I was not able to talk yet.

So while I should be using this outlet to reach and teach others with the Word, I’m stuck sitting in the booster seat, sucking milk out a baby bottle because I’m worried about the world. I’m holding myself back from the blessings promised to me over judgment by those not fit to judge.

Matthew 10:32-33 tells us that if we deny Jesus before men, then he’ll deny us before His Father which is in heaven. Guess I’ve made it through the denial phase.

Manifestation #316 that I’ve grown in Christ: I’m Writing Out Loud

No comments:

Post a Comment