Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Never Be

You don’t want me, it would never work.
I’m not gonna lie, and I tend to flirt
But never cheat and leave you hurt.
Just go on and admit it, I’m not your type.
I’d hold you close, kiss your lips, and treat you right
Listen to your problems and ease your fears through the night.
You can’t date me and I’mma tell you why.
There’s nothing to see when you come to spy,
There’s nothing to catch, cause to you I won’t lie,
And when you call, into your arms I’ll fly.
You want a date filled with TV’s drama.
Cell phone calls from my baby’s momma.
The night ending early, talking about “I’mma call ya”
Yet he says you and yours and his futurama.
IF we were together it’d be a constant battle:
Away from you, I’d be good so your friend can’t tattle,
And on our quite nights alone my phone won’t rattle.
Your used to guys that give you trouble,
They come off one way, then bust your bubble,
Then the relationship comes crashing to rubble,
Soon looking to me, doing a take-double.
But me with you, it wouldn’t last.
I’d be open, telling most my past.
Around my boys never put you on blast.
And we’re together, you’d be first, I’d be last.
You couldn’t take the treatment I’d give to you,
And the nights I’d spend just holding you,
Cause you are the one that keeps my skies blue.


No comments:

Post a Comment