Friday, January 20, 2006

After The ICE Melts

Before I came in from the frozen rain that had shined my skin a pharaoh's tint of golden brown you treated me as if you were to be wanted after and didn't want me around. But from these ashes I've risen to trek across the scorching desert and survive. Now you crave my attention, yet yesterday I wasn't alive. Truth is, before I grew a primate's hair, you didn't care about me or who I've grown to be, or how I'd always been the strong black man found so rare. It's you that's changed, paying more attention to what I say and what I do, cause now you think I'm somebody, but me, I already knew. The only things that's changed is that I got a few new names, last one's got two parts, first one's still the same. Now you're ready to make a fuss, talking about you've ready settle down, ready for us. But its got me wondering are these feelings truly heart felt, are they 1st and eternal, or a result of 3 notches on my belt, and soon to vanish after the ice melts?

No comments:

Post a Comment