Sunday, January 22, 2006

Lesson Learned

I admit it, It’s my fault. I played the fool.

Wind’s lips kiss my ears,
And told me that your heart was not with me.
So, I left you alone.

Friendship, like, lust, love are chapters of life’s book,
And heated talks told me that we were not on the same page,
So, again I left you alone.

You said “I miss you, I want to see you.”
But actions speak louder than words and you screamed the truth:
You just wanted to keep me around.
I was your “Mr. Just in Case.”
In case your girls were out of town,
In case Mr. Now wasn’t around,
In case you wanted a free night on the town.
But, I refused
I refused to be treated like I was 2nd rate,
The standby date.
So, for the 3rd time I left you alone.

3 times I tried to leave you alone
Stopped calling, texting, speaking, and stopping by,
But I guess you missed the attention.
So each time you filled my ears with false hopes.
Hope enough to string me along,
To digest the lies you fed me.
I was lied to, mislead, deceived 
And filled with promises never made good.
We define our relationship in plain black and white,
But you held truth to nothing but the dotted line
That you used to walk the line divide between friend and foe.
Soon truths inverted tipped the scale and suffocated the dream
So in case you didn’t hear or understand…
For the last time,

I’m leaving you alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment