Friday, March 10, 2006

Do U See Me?

I see you.
I secretly long to smell you, touch you, hold you, taste you.
I want to kiss and comfort you,
To be all the things that Adam is to Eve.

Yet,
You are my forbidden fruit.
Sitting there so red, so juicy, so ripe,
But able to cause such pain and torment.
Yet, your mere presence changes my mood,
Lightens my load and warms my heart.

We talk and time stops.
Standing face to face,
Staring into your eyes,
Taking peaks at your lips
As they give birth to each verbal thought.

As I feed off you energy and mix mine with yours
I wonder: “What is meant to be?”
Is it destined for our souls to dance,
Dance to the cadence of our hearts till the setting of the sun.
I wonder if you have ever,
Or will ever think of me that way.
Or is it a one sided affair.

Now seems like all that matters,
But as college years swiftly pass
And I climb that next step on my stairway to heaven.
I fear to strain the delicate balance of warm emotions
Molded conversation by conversation into our friendship.
And realize that I have the rest of time to speak my heart.

Today,
I’d rather stay in the garden
Than risk the wrath of the forbidden fruit,
So at least for now I’ll keep it a secret and wonder

“Do you see me?”

No comments:

Post a Comment