Saturday, May 12, 2007

Semester's Over

The semester is officially over, I am officially a 2nd year graduate student and life is really good. Though not extremely exciting. This has been the most boring semester of my entire life.

I only took one class in the hopes that my research would pick up. It didn’t. I kept running into dead ends. Well, not dead ends…put more problems than we were expecting and we didn’t have the money to alleviate the problems. Hopefully after the summer I will have the equipment to complete my research so I can defend my thesis and get the hell on with my life. Not that I have anything against UA or Tuscaloosa…I’m just ready to move on. UA is no longer MY UA.

Back to the boring semester: I was sitting in on another class to get some background on my research but I didn’t have to study or take tests, so after my 2 classes, no homework, and no research I would go home, lay on my couch and watch TV…for hours. It was sad. I continued my workout plan from the Fall (got a lil more defined), but other than that I was really bored. So finally I decided I hated being a bum and got a job at night at the CTL as a tutor and bought a new video game to play on my free time.

So I guess the most interesting thing that happened to me this semester is the bad hair cut I got a while ago. It was refereed to as the “broken bowl” or the “monk” cut. Of course I got clowned on for 2 weeks straight but I got thick skin and took the jokes in stride and maintained my composure. So I let the hair grow out and rocked the mini fro for a sec but I had to cut it off for a visit to a research lab, plus I couldn’t have that look goin back to my intern this summer. Keeping up a fro is a lil too much for corporate America.

So I am a lil excited about my intern. I am goin back to Ford but I am looking forward to the change of scenery. Going back to nice weather and friends I made last summer. Since it’s a few of us returning from last year we’ll probably start kicking it from day one. My job will be cool too, they got me working on components for Ford’s V6 engine. Only bad thing is that they got me workin in a damn factory. It’s cool tho, with what they’re paying me I can’t be too mad.

I lucked up with my housing situation for the summer tho. A friend of mine that is leaving for the summer is letting me house sit her place for cheap…which works out perfect since I have to pay on my rent here in Tuscaloosa.


So that’s about all that went on this semester…at least that’s meant for the world to know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment