Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Incapable

Everyone needs that push to know that she’s still feeling it
To know she’s still there, that he’s not alone in it
Something so small, it takes just a lil bit
To know she still cares, and not moved on from it
Something to ease the mind and hold comfort wit
More than “I don’t wanna talk ‘bout it.”
Ask for too much—emotional angry fit
And truth be told, don’t know if I can handle it

I let her know that I still care
That I’m still around, that I’m still there
And I understand that she’s confused and scared
Due to past issues that polluted the air
But I need some love too, ain’t that only fair?
To know that it’s “us” and not half a pair.
But I keep hope alive and take all I can bare
Because I believe that what I found is something so rare
Without some feedback, cain’t promise I’ll be there
And I’ll miss the smile, the voice, and the beautiful black hair.

Two times before, I had made up my mind,
To move on from this, to move on with mine
And sure enough, just in the knick of time
Her heart broke through and the planets a lined.
And that push I needed was a written line
It let me know that she still care, but wasn’t ready to be mine,
That she was confused and scared and needed more time
And now heaven only knows I need a new sign

Like she sucks up my heart and keeps it to herself
As if she’s a poor man accumulating mass wealth
And I start to feel like I have nothing left
And begin to think this is bad for my health
Cuz I give her my love, leave none for myself

Now there’s an empty bottle of me, alone on the shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment