Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Seize the Day

Carpe Diem… As each day goes by it seems more important that we take advantage of the "present", because that's what it is, a gift. Stop waiting till tomorrow to say/do the things that should be done today. Tomorrow is not promised, and for far too many of us lately, tomorrow didn't happen. In the last few years death has been more and more common is my life. There have been several friends of friends that have passed: dude fell down some steps at his frat house, girl died on the way from Montgomery, guy accidentally shot himself in the head, another girl in a car accident coming from ATL, and another gun accident recently. I've been fortunate that none of the people to pass recently were extremely close to me, but they seem to be getting closer. Today I got a call. A friend from high school was in an accident and is in a comma. I fear the call that informs me that I've lost a love one.


There is a plan for each of us, it's just sad that some of us fulfilled our purpose so soon. My heart goes out to all of you who have lost someone recently. Tell the ones u love how you feel. Might not be a next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment