Thursday, November 9, 2006

Chapter 1: Friendship

Ok, so if you've been reading the blogs there is a poem called "Lesson Learned." In if there is a line that goes, "Friendship, like, lust, love are all chapters of life's book." In essence saying that they are all possible steps in a relationship (on any level). So, here is chapter one: friendship.

“What’s up baby?” We speak, but we’re not close,
we talk in passing, same way we do with most.
We just recently met, somewhere on campus I think
Weren’t any fireworks, inviting smile, not even a wink.
But we keep speaking, making that small talk,
Not that in depth convo, just the kind when you walk
Across campus, through the union and down the hall,
Talking about everything from class to who you saw at the mall
And maybe one day when I think it’s worth the time
I’ll ask for your number, or offer up mine
And maybe we’ll call, we’ll talk in the phone
When I’m not busy, and you’re all alone
And day by day, talk by talk the bond becomes stronger
Small talk to deep stuff, our convo’s become longer.
But truth be told, something may happen and we’ll take a break
Then we’ll bump in passin and from our silence we’ll wake
Asking what’s goin on, trying to get back up to date
And if the stars are aligned and the mood is right
One will ask the other to call them later that night.

“What’s up lady? How u doing? Where you been?
Called to check up, called to see about my lost friend.
Called to see what’s new in your ever changing life,
Whether if be happiness, sadness, stress, strain, or strife,
I’m here to lend a hand, and ease the pain.
I’m not that fair weather friend, I’m here in the rain.”
Heard about friends, to boyfriends, to significant others
And gave advise from one again, to this one, to another.
But through it all I’ll have your back,
Even when the other so called friends are talking smack
I know the deal. I know you. Inside and out.
I know what your worse fears and what your dreams are about.
And when others fall by the wayside and prove untrue
You don’t have to worry because this friendship,
 It’s about the bond between me and you.


No comments:

Post a Comment