Thursday, November 9, 2006

Chapter 2: Like

I like you…
Rarely said, so when I do, you know it’s true.
More than just interest in getting to know you,
More than you’re cute, with a nice shape and I like your face.
More like dinner, movie, and back to your place.
When people ask it’s not “we just kicking it, she’s real cool.”
Because I got 100 bois who wouild love their shot at you.
No…. I like you.
I’ve taken the time to get to know you, for you to get to know me
Heart beats faster when you’re close with thought of what might be
Nervous to know what each day will bring,
Will it last a day, a month and past the naked season of the spring.
Enjoying the process, not concerned with the end
The fun of the chase, the courtship, of becoming closer friends

Now before I like you, you were just some other chic
Someone to call, have lunch, and maybe kick it wit
Didn’t care who you were with, or what you was doing
Let alone who was on your team, and who you was screwing
Yet the fact is we probably talked about it, so I already knew
So at least we’re entering this thing with all the secrets in plain view.
So now it’s time to make a choice
Will we listen to our hearts and ignore the voice
That says “why limit yourself, there’s 1000 others,
It’s easy and fun to jump from one them to another.”
Or continue to hide from facing the fact
That this is more than a fling, more than an act.
Come on, admit it, you like me too.
Seen you thinking it, and almost said it more times than a few.
I’mma keep it real, there’s no turning around
Either we move this thing forward or I’ve got both feet stuck in the ground
Because once I’ve put my feeling up on the wall
Without your co-sign I’ll stop the visits, the dates and the calls
I can’t do that kind of torture to myself,
Knowing you’re here with me, waiting on someone else.
So go ahead and put this to an end,
We’ll go back to those “speaking in passing” sort of friends
I know it may seem mean, but that is what sane people do,

When they finally get to the point of actually liking you.

No comments:

Post a Comment