Sunday, November 26, 2006

Truth About Time

"People make time for the people and things they want to."

It is one of my biggest pet peeves when people say they don't have time to do something. I'm sorry, but I just think that is a lie. The truth is they don't want to make time to do it. It may because they don't want to, or maybe because whatever(whoever) it is isn't high enough on their priority list. Whatever the case, if it was something(someone) important to them they would make time.

When I was in undergrad I was extremely busy. I had school, work, organizations, and "me time" just to keep my sanity. Now I will admit, I have used the "I don't have time" excuse, but I guarantee it was on something that I really just didn't want to do.  If there was someone I wanted to kick it with I made time for them. It may have been lunch, or meeting me in the library, something small. Or it may have been that they had to wait till the end of the week when everything calmed down. But the point is, I made time and let them know when I had time for them.

See, that's the thing. They may be busy today, or even all this week. But they are not busy for eternity. If you call/text and they are busy at the moment, or they will be busy when u want to do something that is acceptable. But if they wanted to talk or do whatever you wanted to do, they would call back later and give you an alternative time. That simple. At least in my opinion. But I may be wrong.


Now if it is an event that happens only at a specific time on a specific day, then not having time may be a valid excuse. Sometimes things are already planed and can't be moved, and therefore they technically don't have time. But if it is something that can be made to fit someone's schedule then not having time is just a lame excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment